It is easy to get into the trap of overeating once you “binge” at a holiday party. To stay on track with your weight loss program, aim to maintain your weight through the first of the new year. These five simple steps can help:
- Enjoy the holiday, but be mindful. Indulge in your favorite foods, but slow down, and *think* about the portions on your plate.
- Pay attention to when you are feeling full. Stop. You’ll eat again tomorrow.
- Plan your week. If you plan some gatherings with friends and family, plan on eating more calories those days, and work at consuming 3 small meals, and less calories on the other days.
- Plan at least 20 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. No excuses, just get out there and do it.
- Get enough sleep. A restful body is less likely to overeat.