Several of my colleagues have been putting together podcasts to help consumers understand topics revolving around diet, food, and lifestyles. Podcasts are a great media choice to deliver information in a light, personal, and informal way.
As podcasts become more and more popular, I’m finally finding ways to fit them into my week. They are a great way to get information when you don’t have time to read about a topic, or you like to occasionally multi-task. You can listen while sitting in traffic during your morning commute, listen in while cooking dinner or folding laundry, or when sitting in a waiting room.
Since I recently did a “Best Kept Diet Secret” interview with Melissa Joy Dobbins, I thought this was a great time to share a short list of diet/food/nutrition podcast suggestions for you to get hooked on.
Listen in to gain some tips to improve your diet and lifestyle –
- Sound Bites, Inc. with Melissa Joy Dobbins, MS, RDN, CDE (love her motto: “Food shouldn’t make you feel bad!”)
- Susan Mitchell, PhD, RDN, LDN, FAND, is the host Breaking Down Nutrition, and she also provides medical professionals with Breaking Down Nutrition: Your Digest for What Works, What Doesn’t for medical professionals via their association.
- Frances Arnold publishes a podcast called “Namaste Nutritionist” featuring a lot of RDNs. Find her on Stitcher radio
- Donna P. Feldman MS RDN does a podcast with her co-host Kathy Isacks RD CDE called Walk Talk Nutrition.
- Finally, for all foodies – Krista Ulatowski, MPH, RDN recommends The Splendid Table…her guilty pleasure to tune in to. It offers a lot of fun food/beverage features.
Which podcasts do you enjoy tuning in to?